Make Your Senior Pet Feel Young Again
We are always seeking to improve the services we provide for your pets. Often a senior (6-8 years of age) pet's ailments are just seen as ‘them’ getting old. As pets reach their golden years, there are a variety of conditions and diseases that they can face, including weight and mobility changes; osteoarthritis; kidney, heart, and liver disease; tumours and cancers; hormone disorders such as diabetes and thyroid imbalance; and many others. Early detection is essential to assist in disease prevention, reduce suffering and greatly prolong lifespan.
At Old Mill Vet we have now developed a Senior Program to help assist your ageing pet. If your pet shows any of the followings, then it is time to come in and see us.
- Interacting less with family members
- Responding less often or less enthusiastically
- Having difficulty climbing stairs
- Increased stiffness or limping
- Increase in drinking
- Urinating more often
- Changes in weight gain or loss
- Changes in coat condition or skin
- New lumps or bumps
- Confusion or disoriented
- Losing house training habits
Call to make an appointment today!